Posts tagged notes to my pregnant self
As my baby soon turns nine months old, I can’t help but reflect on how different life is now than I thought it was going to be. One thing is for sure, he is the greatest thing to ever happen to our family, but I have to chuckle at how naive I really was about how he would come into this world and how much my life would change…
- Labor is hard. Just keep bouncing on your pregnancy ball and munching on your ice chips…
- Oh yes, you will need to sneak in food. Forcing your husband to get you Potbelly’s and bring it into Prentice CSI-style might be the best decision you made all year. And he is husband-of-the-year for doing it!
- Just wait until you see that placenta! Man, that thing is huge!
- You will have more fun shopping for him than yourself (almost).
- On that note, stop buying him clothes! He will grow so fast that we won’t wear half of them (literally).
- You will lose the baby weight, but your body will be…different.
- Speaking of…that chocolate addiction you acquired while pregnant will NEVER go away.
- The 3+ bananas you eat every day? Yea, overkill. He will hate them once out of the womb.
- You will spend an obscene amount of time and $$$ at Target. You will start to see that red bullseye in your sleep.
- The park will also become your second home (he is going to get dirty there, get over it).
- All of those books you thought you would read while he was “napping?” What a joke! You will have read 5 books in 9 months. Get on it.
- You think your ankles are huge now?! Just wait until you leave the hospital.
- Those children’s songs that you loathe? You will hum them to yourself more than the Black Keys (and miss them when you are away).
- It will be harder to stop working than you think. You will waver about returning to work, but ultimately, you will choose to stay home because it is what is right for your family.
- He will be the happiest baby; his smile will melt your heart!
- When people ask you when you expect to have your second child, try not to punch or glare at them. They only think the world needs more of him!